Dinhata College Library
The Dinhata College Library supports the main objectives of the College to become an institution of its repute in the field of education. The College library subscribes NLIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content), which provides access to e-resources to its member. The library is providing various services such as
- Issue and returns of reading materials,
- Assistance in catalogue search ,
- Helps the students and teachers to use the internet ,circulation service , question bank, syllabus bank , and
- Reading of newspapers, newsletters, etc.
The Library is using Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme (23rd Edition) for classifying the documents.
Library Advisory Committee
The College has a Library Advisory Committee (LAC). It comprises the following:
- Principal (Chairperson of the Committee)
- Librarian (Convener)
- Teachers Council Secretary.
- Head of all the Departments.
- Head Clerk
- General Secretary, Students' Union
The Committee allocates fund among the Departments to purchase latest edition of books and journal. The recommendations made by the Departments for the purchase of books and journals are placed before the Advisory Committee and on its turn, the Committee approves the recommendations. The Principal, in consultation with Librarian, places the order for purchase. The Librarian takes care of preservation and maintenance of books, journals and periodicals. On the basis of the recommendations of the Committee, the INFLIBNET- NLIST facility is being provided along with a reading room for staff members and students. Further, extension of the Reading Room is being carried out to accommodate more readers.
- Librarian: Smt. Dawa Doma Sherpa
- Library Assistant (College Sponsored): Smt. Santana Roy Bagchi
- Library Assistant (College Sponsored): Sri. Subrata Saha
- Library Assistant (College Sponsored): Mr. Mahebub Elahi Ali
- Library Assistant (College Sponsored): Mr. Ananda Das
Details of the library
- Total area of the library (in Sq. Mts.):
318 Sq. Mts. including Reading Room (excluding the under construction extension area).
- Total seating capacity:
50 seats (at a time).
- Working hours:
- On week days: 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- On Saturday: 10.30 A.M. to 3.00 P.M.
- Closed on Holidays and Puja Vacation.
- Layout of the library:
The library has separate reading room for the students and staff members. Due to inadequate space in the Library, the facilities like individual reading carrels, lounge area for browsing and relaxed reading are not available. Computer with E-resource is being provided in the Reading Room. The Reading Room is being enlarged in order to accommodate more users.